Information for Cambridge English candidates who are unhappy with their exam results.
If you are unhappy with the result of your exam and you wish to query your results, please discuss this with your exam centre. If you are still unhappy, they can submit a Results Enquiry on your behalf.
There are two stages to this process.
- Stage 1 - A full clerical recheck (does not apply to the Speaking test). We will check that all of the marks and final calculation of grades are correct. At this stage, your exam papers will not be re-marked.
- Stage 2 - A re-mark of written tests (including review of the Listening test where relevant).*
* This excludes the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) and YLE.
Your exam centre must submit your Results Enquiry on your behalf and they will guide you through the process. There is a charge for each stage, which will be refunded if any change is made to your result. Please speak to your exam centre for information about the costs and time-scales for a Results Enquiry.
- Please note that your grade could go down as well as up following a Results Enquiry, or it could stay the same.
- There are deadlines for requesting Results Enquiries, so you will need to contact your centre as soon as possible after receiving your results.
- Once your centre submits a Results Enquiry on your behalf, you will not be able to view or download your Statement of Results until the Results Enquiry process is completed.
This information relates to the following Cambridge English exams:
- Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers (YLE Starters, Movers and Flyers)
- A2 Key and A2 Key for Schools (KET and KET for Schools)
- B1 Preliminary and B1 Preliminary for Schools (PET and PET for Schools)
- B2 First and B2 First for Schools (FCE and FCE for Schools)
- C1 Advanced (CAE)
- C2 Proficiency (CPE)
- B1 Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
- B2 Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
- C1 Business Higher (BEC Higher)
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
- Delta Module 1
Further information regarding Results Enquiries and Appeals can be found here.
For information about the Enquiry on Result process for IELTS, please visit our IELTS website here.