Information for Cambridge English candidates
This article relates to the following Cambridge English exams:
- Cambridge English: Starters/Movers/Flyers (YLE)
- Cambridge English: Key (KET) and Cambridge English: Key (KET) for Schools
- Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) and Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) for Schools
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) and Cambridge English: First (FCE) for Schools
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
- Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher)
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
- Delta Module 1
If you are unhappy with the result of your exam and you wish to query your results, please discuss this with your exam centre. If you are still unhappy, they can submit a Results Enquiry on your behalf.
There are two stages to this process.
- Stage 1 - A full clerical recheck. We will check that all of the marks on your exam papers have been correctly counted, to make sure there have been no mistakes when calculating your final grade. At this stage, your exam papers will not be re-marked.
- Stage 2 - A full re-mark of all papers*. If you are still not satisfied after completing Stage 1, we will arrange for an examiner to re-mark your entire exam for you**.
Your exam centre must submit your Results Enquiry on your behalf and they will guide you through the process. There is a charge for each stage, which will be refunded if any change is made to your final grade. Please speak to your exam centre for information about the costs and time-scales for a Results Enquiry.
Further information regarding Results Enquiries and Appeals can be found here.
Please note that your grade could go down as well as up following a Results Enquiry.
There are deadlines for requesting Results Enquiries, so you will need to contact your centre as soon as possible after receiving your results.
*It is not possible for Speaking Tests to be re-marked.
**This excludes Cambridge English: Key (KET), Cambridge English: Key (KET) for Schools and the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)