Cambridge English Support Site

Lost or damaged certificates


Helpdesk Training Article


If you have lost your certificate

If you have taken a Cambridge English exam but have lost your certificate, you can order a Certifying Statement from Cambridge English Language Assessment.

A Certifying Statement contains all of the information found on your original certificate, is validated by us and can be used as official evidence of your results - when applying to university for example.

To request a Certifying Statement, please complete the correct online application form: 

The form will explain how much it will cost and how long it will take. If you need your Certifying Statement urgently you can select the fast track service and your application will be processed within 7 working days of when we receive confirmation of payment. There is a further charge for this service.

A Certifying Statement is the only certificate replacement service that we offer. Unfortunately, we are not able to send you another copy of your certificate.

If your certificate has been damaged

If your certificate has been damaged, we can only issue a duplicate copy if:

  • The original (damaged) certificate is returned.
  • The appropriate fee is paid. Your exam centre can confirm this fee for you.
  • The application is made no more than five years after the certificate is issued. After this time, you will need to apply for a Certifying Statement (see above). 

You will need to speak to your exam centre who will return your certificate to us and apply for a replacement on your behalf. You can find contact details for our exam centres all over the world on our website, here.

You can find more information about our procedures for lost or damaged certificates, including the pricing, on our website here

Have more questions? Submit a request