Changes to the way the Bulk Entry Import feature of Metrica works were introduced on the 14th December 2020.
- The number of candidates that can be uploaded in one go is increasing from 1500 to 25,000.
- The design of the upload form has been simplified with unnecessary fields removed.
- The upload will happen in the background allowing you to continue working elsewhere in Metrica. You will receive a notification once it is complete. You'll then need to confirm the entries.
- The field for Title has been removed
The Bulk Entry Import method is useful if you want to input candidate details into the system and have a large number of candidates to enter. It may be useful if you have your own candidate records that can generate a CSV of their details. Once they've been imported, an entry code will be generated for each candidate that they can use to access the test.
Please ensure a unique username is used for each different candidate under your Institution ID (including candidates at different Client venues). If the same username is used, it will link the account with any tests previously done under that username.
We suggest using a naming convention for the usernames to ensure they are unique, such as 'ClientName_TestDate_Cand001' for example.
How to use the Bulk Entry Import
1. Log into the Cambridge English Test Portal
2. Click Sessions
3. Locate the session you wish to import candidates into and click the Session Name
4. Click on Add Entries
5. The Bulk Entry Import form will appear.
6. Select which parameters you wish to upload. Only Login is mandatory.
7. Your CSV file to upload must contain the same parameters that you select on the form. In this example all fields have been selected, so they all appear in the CSV.
If you just wanted to upload the Login and Password for example, your form and CSV would need to look similar to this:
8. Once you've created your file to import, navigate to Save As, and select the file type CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
9. At the bottom of the Bulk Entry Import form, click Select under the Upload file heading.
10. Navigate to the CSV file you wish to upload, select it and click Open.
11. Once you've selected the file, click Upload
12. A window will pop up advising the file has been uploaded. Click OK.
13. The candidate's may not appear in Metrica immediately, depending on the number of candidates. It will upload in the background and a notification will pop up in the top bar in Metrica once the candidate's have been imported. Once this notification appears, click on the Notification icon. You will also receive an email when the import is complete.
14. You must confirm the candidate details before they appear in the session. To do this, click on review.
15. Check the details are correct, then click OK.
16. A window pops up informing you the upload is in progress. Click OK.
17. Whilst the upload is in progress, a screen will appear advising so. Once it's complete another notification will appear at the top bar. Click on the Notification icon once it appears. You will also receive an email when the upload is complete.
18. This notification will advise the import has completed successfully. Click review.
19. The candidates now appear in the session.
Once you have added your entries you will be ready to run the tests.
If you want these candidates to be entered for other components (Reading and Listening, Writing, Speaking), then you need to upload the same CSV file to the corresponding session for that component.
Instructions for generating the candidate log in information or withdrawing any entries you want to remove from the session can be found here.