Following the recent update to Connect Plus some centres are experiencing connectivity and installation issues. The following article details how to resolve these issues:
No network ID: Test Sitting Administrator PC (TSA) unable to connect to Candidate Workstation PC (CW)
You may notice that although your computers are all on the same network your TSA and CW computers are not connecting. Instead, the CWs are only connecting to the Cambridge servers known as CentralSystem and no Network ID is being generated.
You can resolve this issue by editing your Firewall settings following the instructions in the attached guide.
If it is an option for your centre, in the short term, for instance if you have a test very soon, you can also resolve the issue by turning your Firewall off.
We have also created an automated script that will apply the fix detailed in our guide. If you feel that this would be better for your centre than using the guide please download the 2 files from here:
One of the files is called Instructions.txt and contains simple steps explaining how to run the script on the Test Sitting Administrator PC (TSA):
1. Extract the files in the zip to a folder
2. Right-Click on the "start.bat" file and click Run as Administrator
3. If a Windows Smart Screen is displayed you can safely click ‘More Info’ and then ‘Run Anyway’
4. A command window with the message "Connect plus firewall rule added successfully. Relaunch affected TSAs and CWs and wait for sync." will be displayed
5. Press the ENTER key to exit from the console or close the window
6. Run the same steps in all the TSAs
7. Relaunch Connect Plus
SCORIS error when launching Connect Plus
You may see an error similar to the following when launching Connect Plus:
where this error affects your TSA please administer the test from the Connect Plus website. Where it affects a CW please change to a spare CW to continue the test.
Software does not autoupdate
If you have any questions about this, please contact us by raising a support request.
We have updated the article with important information regarding the recent Connect Plus update.
We have added a guide document to the article.
Article is closed for comments.