Exam Lift is a mobile app that aims to help candidates prepare for their A2 Key for Schools exam.
To help use the app, we’ve answered some of the most common questions that Exam Lift users might have below.
I'm unable to create an account/ receiving an error when trying to create an account?
Our app is designed to work via WiFi so please connect to stable WiFi and try the below steps.
- Can you please uninstall the app.
- Restart the phone.
- Connect to stable WiFi.
- Reinstall the app.
- Use the same mobile number you registered before and try again.
I haven't received the verification code, what do I do now?
When you sign up for Exam Lift, you will be sent a verification code to the mobile number you entered when you created the account.
If you do not see the SMS, there are a few steps you can take.
- Make sure you’re checking the correct mobile number account you submitted when signing up. If it is not there, you can have the code re-sent by logging in to the site and clicking 'Send me a code'.
- Make sure that your mobile has a good mobile network and switched on.
Why doesn't my verification code work?
Please try the steps below:
- Copy and paste the code to make sure it's correct.
- Double-check the code matches the code in the SMS.
- If you have requested multiple codes, ensure you're using the most recent.
- If the above steps don't work please enter your mobile number again to request a new verification code.
I can't seem to log in with my password?
To reset your password:
- From the sign-in page, please select Forgot your password?
- Enter the mobile number you used to make the account.
- Click Send me a code.
Your password will need to be at least 8 characters long to work on the app.
You can find more help with logging in here.
The app is not displayed properly on my screen, some of the content is cut off?
Exam Lift is only supported on screens that are above 5.5"(14cm) in size. Screens below this size will not be able to properly display the activities. Please use a display with a larger screen to use Exam Lift.
The buttons at the bottom of the screen are covered up so I can't press them?
We are aware this happens on some mobile phones with on-screen buttons.
Despite the buttons not appearing correctly they should still function as normal on most devices.
We are currently working to fix this. In the meantime, you can change the settings on your device to disable the pop-up keys.
My profile page is blank when I click on 'My Profile'?
If your information does not appear from within the app, please log out and back into Exam Lift. Your account information will now appear again.
There is no sound during the listening activities?
Even though the sound may be enabled in the app, your device itself may be muted. Please check this first, but you can also try:
• Moving the ringer switch down and up again
• Restarting your device
• Ensure Bluetooth is disabled
The app is glitching when I complete a pack whilst the timer ticks over?
This can be fixed by refreshing the app, or going to the homepage, or exiting the app, and reloading it (from the system tray, you do not need to log out). It's just a visual issue and doesn't affect progress.
You can find more information about using Exam Lift here.