How long does CEPT take?
The test takes approximately 60 minutes - it is not possible to set a specific time limit and no timer is displayed. The test will not end abruptly and will allow the candidate to complete the task they are on. The test ends once the candidate's level has been determined, specifically when the candidate clicks on the arrow to go to the next task.
What are the Minimum System Requirements?
You can find the list of technical requirements here.
I forgot my password, how do I reset it?
If you forget your password you can use the Forgotten your password link on the login page. Please follow the steps below to change your password:
- Click on the Forgotten your password link
- Enter your User Id and Institution Id
- Click Continue
- Click on the link in the email
- Enter a new password
- Click Continue
- Log in with your new password
My candidate is unable to login, what should I do?
- Please check that the candidate is trying to access the correct URL – https://www.metritests.com/metrica
- Please check if the candidate entered the correct User ID, Password and Institution ID (your Agent ID). You can find step by step instructions explaining how you can access your candidates' logins here.
- Check that no additional spaces were added to the candidate's username or password (especially at the start and end) when their logins were created.
- Logins are case sensitive, so please make sure the candidate is using the correct case.
- If candidates enter their login details incorrectly on five consecutive occasions, their account will be locked for 30 minutes. Please contact us here if you need them unlocked.
How can I add a Location/Client?
We create the Location and Clients for you. Please fill in the form available on our support site to request a new Location or Client.
Can I add additional users?
Yes, you can create additional users and assign them various roles. You can find information on different roles available and instructions on how to add users here.
Can a user have more than one user role?
Yes, a user can have multiple roles. For example, if you assign a user the CEPT_Entries user role and the CEPT_Purchasing user role they will be able to buy tests and make entries, but they will not be able to view results. If a user has all three roles they will be able to do everything an Agent can do but they won't be able to create or manage users.
I have deleted my default session. What should I do?
All Agents have a default session set up when they are first created. If you have deleted your default session, please contact us and we can re-create it for you.
How is the test marked?
The Reading and Listening test is auto marked and the results are made available instantly.
How do I access candidates' results?
You can access your candidates' results on the test portal. You can find a useful tutorial with step by step instructions here.
How can candidates access their results?
Candidates are not able to access their results on the test portal. They will need to ask you for them.
Why are no results available in the test portal for my session?
If your candidates' results are not available, it's possible that they have not completed the test. In the first instance, please check your candidates' status. If their status is Incomplete, they will need to log back in and finish the test. If the status is Complete but you are not able to access their results, please contact us here.