Information for Cambridge English candidates
If you’ve been asked to prove that your Cambridge English results are genuine, advise your university, college or employer that they can verify results for most Cambridge English examinations free of charge online via the Cambridge English Results Verification Service.
The following Cambridge English exams can be verified this way:
- Cambridge English: Key (KET) and Key (KET) for Schools
- Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) and Preliminary (PET) for Schools
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) and First (FCE) for Schools
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- Cambridge English: Business Certificates - (all levels)
- Cambridge English: Financial (ICFE) - (discontinued)
- Cambridge English: Legal (ILEC) - (discontinued)
- Delta Module One
In order to verify your result, you’ll need to provide the organisation with your Candidate ID and Secret number. The Candidate ID is a combination of letters and numbers (e.g. SIR094701) and the Secret number is a 4 digit PIN number (e.g. 8482).
Both numbers can be found on the Confirmation of Entry which you should have received when you registered for your exam. If you no longer have your Confirmation of Entry, please contact your exam centre as they will be able to reissue the details for you.
If your exam centre has closed or you hear from your employer or university that your exam is not available on Cambridge English Results Verification Service, please contact us.
If you are an organisation or institution and would like to verify a candidate's result, please follow instructions in Verifying results - Process for recognising organisations.
We cannot supply replacement verification details (Candidate ID and Secret number) to either the verifier or the candidate. These can be re-issued by the exam centre where the exam was taken.